Yu-Gi-Oh Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Threads : How to spot them, how to post them.

Go down

Official Threads : How to spot them, how to post them. Empty Official Threads : How to spot them, how to post them.

Post by Joshuareid36 Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:28 pm

Attention Duelists!

The Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG Gossip forum's the most active in all of Pojo and as a result things can get lost in the crowd, especially important stuff like product threads and so-on. Every so often we see somebody make a thread about a product when one already exists and it causes a bit of confusion before threads are merged, closed or deleted. So without further ado, here's a quick guide to finding and posting official threads here on the forum!

What's an [Official Thread]?
An official thread is the place to go to to talk about a particular product or other important feature/news item of the Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME. It should be the only place to talk about said item so that the forum remains clean and organised.

How do I spot an [Official Thread] when I see one?
If you look at the list of threads on this forum you'll see an image similar to this one. The first column with all the briefcases/envelopes indicates how popular a thread is, if it's locked or of there's new posts in it since your last visit.

The column we're looking for is the second one. Most threads in this column have an image of a sheet of paper. These are normal threads. The threads with the Green Arrow Circles are the ones we're after. These are official threads and have the [Official Thread] prefix attached to them. If you're about to post a thread about a product or are looking to discuss something have a look for these first before making a new thread.

What should I do if I want to make a new [Official Thread]?
First off, do a quick search of the forum to see if there's one already up for what you want to talk about. If not then you need to have the following in your first post:
A link to the product or item on yugioh-card.com or Konami.com (sites like Shriek and Yu-Gi-Oh! Wikia don't count!).
A quote of the product description on Konami's site, including release date(s) and other basic info where given.
The Post Icon must be the Green Arrow Circle (you can set this just below the text box when making a thread).
The title [Official Thread], followed by the exact product name given on Konami's site. (Example: [Official Thread] Storm of Ragnarok)

An [Official Thread] is nearing 1,000 replies, what do I do?
Threads on Pojo are meant to be closed at around 1,000 posts as anything bigger than that is awkward to handle. If an official thread is nearing this mark just keep posting in it, a mod will lock it as soon as they spot it and post up a new one. Don't worry about making a new one, we'll handle it for you!
One last note, please don't make any other thread in Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG Gossip have the title [Official Thread] or use the related Post Icon, we want to try and keep this place organised

Joshuareid36
Admin

https://yugioh-forums.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down